Interested in joining a leading community health center in Josephine County? For over 40-years, Siskiyou Community Health Center (SCHC) has been dedicated to delivering high quality, comprehensive health care to the citizens of Josephine County.
Consider joining our Siskiyou Community Health Center team because we believe:
- …in treating our patients, clients and each other with dignity and respect, regardless of race, age, gender, ability, values, lifestyle, or economic status.
- … in compassion, honesty, and integrity guiding us in all of our actions.
- … that teamwork and cooperation are vital to the success of our working and community relationships.
- … in our commitment to provide the highest quality health care and customer service and that our success is measured only by how well we serve.
The Behavioral Health Assistant functions as a vital part of the Behavioral Health Team who offer client care for individuals that have problems regarding their behavioral health needs. They also demonstrates competency in understanding and meeting needs of adult and geriatric psychiatric population. Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting Behavioral Health Staff:
- Supports assigned provider(s) for client care.
- Assists support staff.
- Takes routine client vital signs, including height and weight.
- Records vital signs in the client’s chart.
- Escort client to provider / CM office.
- Answers telephone calls and takes messages for provider(s).
- Returns client phone calls as directed by provider(s).
- Schedules appointments
- Verifies client’s PCP and any medications given by the PCP.
- Verifies pharmacy client uses.
- Verifies medication allergies.
- Sends medication refill requests to provider(s) for approval.
- Start PA for medications as needed.
- Call in medications as instructed by provider
- Maintains medical supplies inventory by anticipating needed supplies.
- Orders laboratory tests as instructed by provider(s).
- Responsible for tracking of laboratory tests.
- Fill out laboratory sheet for UDS (for contract); enter order in client’s chart.
- Notifies client of test results as instructed by provider(s).
- Explains Controlled Substances Treatment Contract Agreement to client before being signed by client.
- Put completed Contract packets together and give to providers.
- Assist clients in filling out ROI, faxing ROIs.
- Faxing paperwork as instructed by provider(s).
- Print out provider(s) schedule and give to provider(s).
- Assist in triaging clients (in person or on the phone).
- Performs all other related duties as assigned or requested
Qualified Behavioral Health Assistant candidates have a
- Medical Assistant or Behavioral Health Technician Certification;
- Knowledge of computerized electronic records experience in a Behavioral Health setting required.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.
SCHC offers all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader. This includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more. If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet you to discuss our current openings.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.