Siskiyou Community Health Center is currently looking for a Chief Operations Officer to join our dynamic team. The COO, in coordination with the Director of Operations, is responsible for planning, organizing and directing clinic operations including facility management for Siskiyou Community Health Center (SCHC). In coordination with the Director of Business Administration, the COO oversees the operations of the Billing and Administration departments which include IT, credentialing, marketing and contract administration. In coordination with the Director of Outreach, the COO directs the Medford, Grants Pass and Cave Junction Outreach Departments. In harmonization with the Directors, the COO will ensure quality of patient care and efficient daily clinic and department operations.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee effective clinic operations and identify health inequities by understanding social determinants of health within patient population and community.
- Assist CEO in developing and implementing the clinic’s strategic long- and short- range goals and business plan.
- Work closely with CEO and CFO in forecasting and preparing annual budget and financial statements.
- Provide input for grant applications or progress reports.
- Manage department personnel, to include: hiring, training, performance management, delivery of performance appraisal and assignment of duties.
- Manage and oversee the implementation of business systems, in coordination with IT.
- Maintain compliance with SCHC policies and procedures along with governmental regulations and industry requirements.
- Participate with SCHC Leadership team during strategic planning and process improvement meetings.
- Enhance operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment and high quality patient care.
- Ensure compliance with SCHC safety polices, as well as OSHA regulations and training, maintaining policy and procedure manuals.
- Assist CEO in maintaining positive community relations and serves as liaison with other staff and the public.
- Resolve operational problems and keep lines of communication open with staff to ensure high productivity.
- Maintain professional affiliations and enhance professional development to keep current in the latest health care trends and development.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Conduct contract negotiations with all insurance carriers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Public Health or similar field is required.
- Minimum five years’ managerial experience in the healthcare industry.
- Proof of current unrestricted driver’s license, comprehensive automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.