New Information About Our Services
Siskiyou Community Health Center is committed to the health and well-being of the community and will continue to care for our patients during the COVID-19 outbreak. It is our intention to avoid sending patients to the Emergency Room whenever possible so they can care for the most critical patients. In order to maintain the highest level of safety for our patients, staff, and health care providers, we’ve made some changes in protocol and have implemented the use of telemedicine visits when appropriate. For all patients seen in the office be assured we have a rigorous cleaning process of the entire clinic to prevent the spread of infection.
- For the foreseeable future, we are limiting the number of people accompanying patients to appointments. Only one person will be allowed to accompany a patient to an office visit.
- Appointments for pregnant patients will continue as scheduled in-office.
- Most routine annual exams will be rescheduled to a date later in the year. You will be contacted for a new appointment time.
- All visits that your provider determines can be done via telemedicine will be changed to that format. Your appointment time will remain the same and you will be notified by phone of this change.
- If your appointment is in-office, you will be screened for fever, new cough or new shortness of breath prior to being allowed inside. Once you check in, you will be given the option to wait in your car or in our lobby where all chairs have been placed 6 feet apart. Only patients with no symptoms will be allowed in-office visits. We are asking patients to please wear a face covering for the protection of other patients and staff.
- We are working hard to keep communication open with all patients – whenever possible, please answer your phone if you see the call is from Siskiyou Community Health Center so we may speak with you directly and not have to leave a message.
- Our pharmacies are open. Prescriptions can be delivered to your car. To request this service, please call ahead at (541) 472-4747 if you are in Grants Pass and (541) 592-2010 if you are in Cave Junction.
- Our dental clinic is performing emergency procedures only at this time. Patients can receive dental evaluations via telemedicine to determine if an emergency procedure is necessary.
- Our hours of operation HAVE NOT CHANGED!
- Follow-up medication visit
- Postpartum visits, as determined by your clinical provider
- Review lab results and imaging studies
- Discussion of birth control/family planning options
- Pre-OB visits
- Diabetes follow-up appointments
- Anxiety and/or depression
- Other health topics that do not require an exam
- Dental evaluations
For more information on virtual visits, click here.
COVID-19 Testing Information
Siskiyou Community Health Center is working with community medical professionals to support COVID-19 testing for the community of Josephine County. With a national shortage of testing supplies, testing is limited to individuals meeting specific criteria. Tests cannot be given without a lab order from a medical provider. At this time, testing is being held at Siskiyou Community Health Center in Grants Pass, 1701 NW Hawthorne Avenue.
- Stay home and contact your primary care provider or,
- Call the Siskiyou Community Health Center COVID-19 Hotline at (541) 472-4700.
- If you do not have a primary care provider, a Siskiyou Community Health Center provider can evaluate your symptoms through our virtual visit platform. Click here for information on scheduling a virtual visit.
- Drive-through testing site hours: 10:00am – 3:00pm Monday – Friday
- Once your provider has ordered the test, wait at least one hour to allow us to process your order.
- Report to the drive-through testing site at 1701 NW Hawthorne Avenue in Grants Pass. Enter through the north parking lot entrance of Hawthorne Avenue and follow the signs towards the back of the building.
- Please remain in your car. One of our staff members will greet you and check you in for testing.
- Staff will be in full protective gear. Do not be alarmed, this is for their protection.
- There may be a line of cars waiting to be tested.
- You will be tested in you car.
The cost of a COVID-19 diagnostic test is $61.31, which is coved by insurance. Siskiyou Community Health Center charges a $10 collection fee and the clinical laboratory, LabCorp will bill patients the remaining $51.31.
- Assess Patient and determine testing is appropriate. For current testing guidance, click here.
- Complete the order form and fax to Siskiyou Community Health Center at 541-471-3665. If flu testing is desired, indicate this on the order by checking the box.
- Instruct the patient to proceed to our testing site at 1701 NW Hawthorne Ave. in Grants Pass. Testing hours are Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. Allow one hour from the time of the order before arriving at the testing site.
- COVID-19 results will be faxed to the ordering provider as they are processed by LabCorp. Flu results will be faxed the same day as the test, and the provider will be called if the flu test is positive.
- The ordering provider is responsible for notifying patients of the result. The testing center will not be notifying patients of test results.