New Information About Our Services
Siskiyou Community Health Center is committed to the health and well-being of the community and will continue to care for our patients during the COVID-19 outbreak. It is our intention to avoid sending patients to the Emergency Room whenever possible so they can care for the most critical patients. In order to maintain the highest level of safety for our patients, staff, and health care providers, we’ve made some changes in protocol and have implemented the use of telemedicine visits when appropriate. For all patients seen in the office be assured we have a rigorous cleaning process of the entire clinic to prevent the spread of infection.
- For the foreseeable future, we are limiting the number of people accompanying patients to appointments. Only one person will be allowed to accompany a patient to an office visit.
- Appointments for pregnant patients will continue as scheduled in-office.
- Visits that your provider determines can be done via telemedicine may be changed to that format. Your appointment time will remain the same and you will be notified by phone of this change.
- If your appointment is in-office, you will be screened for fever, new cough or new shortness of breath prior to being allowed inside. Once you check in, you will be given the option to wait in your car or in our lobby where all chairs have been placed 6 feet apart. Only patients with no symptoms will be allowed in-office visits. We are asking patients to please wear a face covering for the protection of other patients and staff.
- We are working hard to keep communication open with all patients – whenever possible, please answer your phone if you see the call is from Siskiyou Community Health Center so we may speak with you directly and not have to leave a message.
- Our pharmacies are open. Prescriptions can be delivered to your car if you are not feeling well. To request this service, please call ahead at (541) 472-4747 if you are in Grants Pass and (541) 592-2010 if you are in Cave Junction.
- Our dental clinic is performing limited procedures at this time. Patients should call to discuss any current dental needs.
- Our hours of operation HAVE NOT CHANGED!
- Follow-up medication visit
- Postpartum visits, as determined by your clinical provider
- Review lab results and imaging studies
- Discussion of birth control/family planning options
- Pre-OB visits
- Diabetes follow-up appointments
- Anxiety and/or depression
- Other health topics that do not require an exam
- Dental evaluations
For more information on virtual visits, click here.
COVID-19 Testing Information
Siskiyou Community Health Center’s COVID-19 community testing site is closing on Friday, July 17th. Community testing for Josephine County is shifting to Asante’s collection center. All tests require a lab order from a medical provider.
- Stay home and contact your primary care provider or,
- Call the Siskiyou Community Health Center COVID-19 Hotline at (541) 472-4700.
- If you do not have a primary care provider, a Siskiyou Community Health Center provider can evaluate your symptoms through our virtual visit platform. Click here for information on scheduling a virtual visit.
The cost of a COVID-19 diagnostic test through Siskiyou Community Health Center is $61.31, which is coved by insurance. Siskiyou Community Health Center charges a $10 collection fee and the clinical laboratory, LabCorp will bill patients the remaining $51.31.
- After July 17, 2020, Siskiyou Community Health Center is no longer operating Josephine County’s community drive-thru COVID-19 testing site. Community testing has shifted to Asante.
- To access community COVID-19 testing, fax a lab order to the Asante Laboratory at 541-472-7174, place the order electronically, or call 541-472-7170.
- The Collection Site is located at 555 SW Ramsey, in the parking lot between Grants Pass Clinic, the hospital, and Women’s Health Center. Patients should enter off of Ringuette. (MAP)
- For additional information on how to order COVID-19 testing and where to direct patients, call the Asante Lab at 541-472-7170.
- After July 17, 2020, any lab orders and/or patients that arrive at Siskiyou Community Health Center for COVID-19 testing will be re-directed to the Asante Collection site.