Siskiyou Community Health Center is looking for a Home Visiting Supervisor/Home Visitor to join our dynamic Outreach Program in Jackson County. The successful candidate will provides part-time (3 days per week) oversight to Home Visitors including but not limited daily professional development, support, and supervision. They will also carry a part-time (2 days per week) Home Visiting caseload and provide early childhood education to parents with children, ages ranging from birth to 3 years.
*Existing caseloads and department need will determine whether the candidate supervises Maternal Infant Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) Home Visitors or Healthy Families Home Visitors*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SUPERVISOR:
- Planning, implementation and coordination of Healthy Families Program.
- Assign families to Home Visitor caseloads.
- Provide 1 to 2 hours of reflective supervision weekly with each Home Visitor.
- Assist staff in crisis and emergency situations.
- Monitor all aspects of home visits: referrals, consents, family assessment and discussion.
- Review family service level, caseload management, and goals for both family and program.
- Provide curriculum guidance (Growing Great Kids).
- Develop; coordinate and monitor Home Visitor professional development and follow-up to ensure strategies and training needs are accomplished.
- Monitor Quality Assurance for each Home Visitor.
- Participate in hiring, training and performance evaluation of staff.
- Attend Jackson County community partner meetings pertaining to outreach.
- Assist with activities, fund raising and special events regarding families and children.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF HOME VISITOR:
Performs assessments, charting, and documentation of outcomes, following program protocols. Maintain a confidential file for each child served.
Assesses the family’s needs and strengths using the Family Survey assessment tool.
Documentation of home visit on Home Visit Record required within 24 hours.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in human services or fields related to working with children and families, or a Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Infant mental health endorsement level III or IV preferred
- Experience with reflective practice preferred
- Experience in supervising and motivating staff.
- Knowledge of infant and child development as well as parent-child attachment.
- Proof of current unrestricted driver license, comprehensive automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
- Use of private automobile in good, working condition to drive to outlying rural areas, in possibly hazardous weather and/or road conditions.
To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.