Interested in joining a leading community health center in Josephine County? For over 40-years, Siskiyou Community Health Center (SCHC) has been dedicated to delivering high quality, comprehensive health care to the citizens of Josephine County.
Consider joining our Siskiyou Community Health Center team because we believe:
- …in treating our patients, clients and each other with dignity and respect, regardless of race, age, gender, ability, values, lifestyle, or economic status.
- … in compassion, honesty, and integrity guiding us in all of our actions.
- … that teamwork and cooperation are vital to the success of our working and community relationships.
- … in our commitment to provide the highest quality health care and customer service and that our success is measured only by how well we serve.
Qualified Home Visitor candidates have a
- High school diploma or equivalency; however, a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of full-time experience working with children and families.
- Proof of current CPR certification.
- Proof of current unrestricted driver’s license, comprehensive automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
- Use of private automobile in good, working condition to drive to outlying rural areas, in possibly hazardous weather and/or road conditions.
- Proof of current immunizations that meet clinic health and immunization standards.
- Candidate is required to submit to an Oregon criminal background investigation.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is looking for Home Visitor to join the SCHC team. Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Manages caseload of Healthy Families and Project Baby Check families within Josephine County.
- Performs assessments, charting, and documenting of outcomes, following protocols.
- Assesses the family’s needs and strengths using the Family Survey assessment tool.
- Provides parent education and support to strengthen the parent-child relationship.
- Provides information on parenting, child development, child safety, and community resources.
- Teaches developmentally appropriate activities for infants and young children.
- Works with families to identify their strengths and needs.
- Assists families in developing goals and an individual family support plan.
- Can demonstrate the ability to work with individuals who are economically and socially at-risk.
- Works with Early Childhood agencies to coordinate case management and appropriate client placement.
- Demonstrates a commitment to confidentiality, punctuality, excellent attendance, and ethical conduct.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to establish trusting relationships.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Can demonstrate general knowledge of Oregon Health Plan (OHP), health insurance, and managed care.
- Can demonstrate general knowledge of child development or early childhood education related to infants and toddlers.
- Understands the cultural and socioeconomic issues of the local community and experience with low income population is desired.
- Can demonstrate an ability to make education presentations on child development and positive family roles and dynamics to individuals, as well as small and large groups.
- Can demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Can demonstrate strong organizational skills and effective use of time.
- Can demonstrate an ability to work with other social services agencies in the community.
SCHC offers all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader. This includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more. If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet you to discuss our current openings.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
Job Type/Location: Full-time in Medford
To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.