Siskiyou Community Health Center has an opening for an experienced Medical Assistant for our Endocrinology Department. This Medical Assistant will work closely with our Endocrinology team in both Grants Pass 3 days a week and Cave Junction 1 day a week. This position will require assisting with exams, procedures, scheduling and confirming appointments, verifying insurances, scheduling and reporting of lab work, handling and downloading blood glucose monitors and pumps, prepare and maintain exam rooms all while upholding excellent customer service skills and patient care. This is a full time position.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program desired or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience working as a Medical Assistant in a clinic setting preferred.
- Knowledge in Endocrinology is preferred but not required, will teach on the job.
- Must have current AHA-BLS (Basic Life Support) for the Healthcare Provider or be willing to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Windows and Office Applications.
- Experience with electronic medical records and/or computerized billing systems.
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking desired.
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.