Siskiyou Community Health Center has a part-time opening for an experienced Med Technologist at our Grants Pass location. The Med Technologist is responsible for the day to day operation of the clinic lab; including performance of laboratory procedures, quality assurance, and instrument maintenance.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Successful completion of a medical technology program that is accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA), or equivalent training, education, and experience.
- ASCP certification or equivalent nationally recognized medical technology certification or categorical certification.
- Current BLS Certificate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine and special laboratory tests within a designated area.
- Recognizes test inconsistencies and takes appropriate corrective action. Provides assistance to laboratory co-workers in resolution of similar problems.
- Calls critical test results to clinicians or nurses immediately and according to established criteria.
- Maintains the abnormal results log according to protocol.
- Prepares test reports legibly. Initials and dates own work performed. Reviews reports for clerical accuracy and clinical indications.
- Runs quality-control tests according to procedure and maintains appropriate data recording.
- All other duties as assigned.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.