Siskiyou Community Health Center has an opening for an experienced Dental Assistant to work with our Kid Smile dental outreach program and at our Dental Clinic. The Outreach Dental Assistant helps ensure quality care and efficient patient flow through our Outreach Dental Program and clinic by working directly with the Outreach Coordinator to preparing patients for examination by Dentist and/or Hygienist often in a community or school setting. The Outreach Assistant will assist the dental practitioners during examinations and operative procedures and perform community outreach activities. Performs operative procedures in accordance with clinic, school, state and federal protocols. Maintains outreach mobile dental clinic and clinical areas in a state of readiness for patient care. This position will spend the majority of their working time in our mobile outreach dental clinic traveling to local elementary schools in our area and will also work in both our Grants Pass and Cave Junction Dental Clinics.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Completion of a Dental Assistant’s training program or a minimum of two years’ experience as a Dental Assistant in a dental office or clinic is required.
• Current Expanded Function Dental Assistant certification is preferred.
• Current Oregon X-ray certification is desirable.
• Current CPR and First Aid certification are required.
• Proof of current unrestricted Oregon Driver’s License, comprehensive automobile insurance, and a safe driving record is required.
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org