Siskiyou Community Health Center is seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our team. The Payroll Specialist reviews employee time records and payroll records to ensure correct payments. Processes payroll with GNSA system. Enters and maintains accurate data in Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Ensures timely and consistent enrollment in benefit programs for eligible employees.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Two years of college or business school with major in bookkeeping or business preferred. Professional certification preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in payroll processing required.
- Strong math skills and proficiency in use of calculator required.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness. Ability to prepare records and reports in accordance with verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers as a team member.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills, including ability to explain systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated customer relations skills, working with diverse groups in a stressful environment, dealing with stress and pressure effectively.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and effective use of time.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel and MS Word, required.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel including physicians and managers.
- Ability to be highly efficient, organized and accurate in work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of financial and personnel matters.
- Knowledge of payroll and accounts payable practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations related to benefits and payroll administration and personnel law.
- Knowledge of current benefits and administration requirements.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems.
Where we are located
Nestled in the beautiful Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon, Grants Pass is home to Siskiyou Community Health Center, with Medford and Cave Junction facilities. The Cave Junction Clinic is located approximately 29 miles from Grants Pass and 69 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Grants Pass, Medford, Ashland, and Jacksonville comprise the commercial and tourist hub of Southern Oregon and California’s northernmost tip. Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, endless opportunities to enjoy nature, and some of the kindest people you’ll ever meet, southern Oregon is a great place to call home.
Our Mission Statement
To identify and provide care for primary health needs of our community in a professional and compassionate manner.
If you would like to be part of a team that’s committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com