Interested in joining a leading community health center in Josephine County? For over 40-years, Siskiyou Community Health Center (SCHC) has been dedicated to delivering high quality, comprehensive health care to the citizens of Josephine County.
Consider joining our Siskiyou Community Health Center team because we believe:
- …in treating our patients, clients and each other with dignity and respect, regardless of race, age, gender, ability, values, lifestyle, or economic status.
- … in compassion, honesty, and integrity guiding us in all of our actions.
- … that teamwork and cooperation are vital to the success of our working and community relationships.
- … in our commitment to provide the highest quality health care and customer service and that our success is measured only by how well we serve.
Qualified Phlebotomist candidates have a
- High Schooldiploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited phlebotomist program.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is looking for an experienced Phlebotomist to join the SCHC team. Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Verifies test requisitions within patient chart; bringing discrepancies to the attention of Provider’s team.
- Verifies patient by using 2 patient identifiers.
- Obtains blood specimens by performing venipuncture and finger sticks.
- Accurately follows universal Order of Draw on all venipunctures.
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures.
- Processes specimens as required for specific testing. ie plasma, serum, frozen, etc.
- Accurately order Send Out tests as required.
- Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection.
- Accurately labeling of tubes and specimens.
- Performs CLIA approved Waived testing, moderately complex testing and accurately resulting into patient charts and required logs.
- Collect PKU specimens.
- Billing daily lab tests and research Medicare ABN’s.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Serves and protects SCHC by adhering to professional standards, clinic policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and CLIA standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
SCHC offers all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader. This includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more. If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet you to discuss our current openings.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.