POSITION SUMMARY: The Ancillary Services Manager provides day-to-day front/back office supervision, overseeing staff and performing duties necessary to ensure efficient walk-in clinic, lab, and radiology operations. Work with staff to ensure the quality of care and service to internal and external customers.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hires, trains, and supervises assigned staff helping them develop performance goals and objectives in regard to SCHC policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all performance evaluations and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions are done timely.
- Ensures that performance reviews are completed and delivered within 30 days of the employee’s anniversary date.
- Monitors appointments, patient flow, medical records, electronic health record system, and staff.
- Audits patient registration information for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinates with billing staff to ensure that encounter forms for every patient seen that day are completed. Provides information to patients regarding clinic fee schedules and expectations of payment, advising patients of clinic policies, and answering questions as appropriate. Ensures that Sliding Discount Program applications are processed and completed and have the proper documentation in a timely manner. Ensure compliance with regulations and with clinic standards of quality patient care.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Develop workflow process with employees to improve efficiency.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality.
- Manager will be responsible for the monitoring, maintenance and scheduling of repairs for all medical and/or dental equipment within their respective facility, as well as the maintenance of all large furnishings and related items (i.e. desks, chairs, cabinets). Exceptions include IT equipment which includes, but is not limited to, items such as computers, monitors, and printers, which will be maintained by the SCHC IT Department.
- Manager will work directly with the Facilities Manager to coordinate significant repairs and maintenance of SCHC buildings and amenities (i.e. lavatories, light fixtures, carpets); however, it is the manager’s responsibility to handle the daily upkeep of equipment, such as changing dispenser batteries when needed.
- Provide administrative direction and coordination in the administration of current and long-range policies, procedures, and programs.
- Establish schedules, task assignments and allocation of manpower, space and equipment to ensure conformance with departmental commitments.
- Ensure compliance with SCHC policies and procedures.
- Maintain liaison with all levels of administration, physicians and outside organizations to coordinate clinic/practice business, accomplish directives and facilitate the resolution of problems.
- Develop operating policies and procedures for the Walk-In Clinic, Lab and Radiology; conduct meetings with staff to ensure compliance with established practices; implement new policies and keep employees abreast of current changes and standards.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Coordinates with the HR Officer on various personnel functions including, but not limited to: hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules.
- All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an office environment, with prior experience in a medical office highly desirable.
- Minimum 2 years prior supervisory experience.
- Proof of current unrestricted Oregon driver’s license, comprehensive automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
- Current BLS Certification.
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID 19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID testing will be required to maintain employment if you are unvaccinated.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is located in the beautiful Rogue Valley, based in Grants Pass, Oregon, with additional facilities in Cave Junction and Medford. We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
For more information, explore our website www.siskiyouhealthcenter.com. If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.