Interested in joining a leading community health center in Josephine County? For over 40-years, Siskiyou Community Health Center (SCHC) has been dedicated to delivering high quality, comprehensive health care to the citizens of Josephine County.
Consider joining our Siskiyou Community Health Center team because we believe:
- …in treating our patients, clients and each other with dignity and respect, regardless of race, age, gender, ability, values, lifestyle, or economic status.
- … in compassion, honesty, and integrity guiding us in all of our actions.
- … that teamwork and cooperation are vital to the success of our working and community relationships.
- … in our commitment to provide the highest quality health care and customer service and that our success is measured only by how well we serve.
Qualified Certified Coding Specialist candidates have a
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current certification from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Minimum of two (2) years coding and billing experience in physician practice.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is looking for an experienced Certified Coding Specialist to join the SCHC team. Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Answers coding questions from providers and staff.
- Reviews and processes daily charges submitted by providers at all sites.
- Prepares and organizes documentation in response to carrier audit requests.
- Remains current on new codes and updates to coders practices.
- Performs chart audits as requested by Administration or Chief Medical Officer.
- Participate in the development of coding policies and procedures as identified.
- Identifies and clarifies missing, conflicting, or nonspecific clinician documentation related to diagnosis and procedures.
- Reviews coding denials from payers and recommends appropriate action to resolve the claim based on payer and coding guidelines.
- Works with medical staff to resolve coding issues and associated problems.
- Participates in educational activities.
- Creates tools and provides training to providers and billing staff on coding tips and updates.
- Participates in special projects that require knowledge of current coding practices.
- Assist Billing Department as needed.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
SCHC offers all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader. This includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more. If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet you to discuss our current openings.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.