POSITION SUMMARY: Practices dentistry according to the State of Oregon guidelines and license parameters.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in recommending clinical objectives and participates in the designation of priority objectives for the dental clinic.
- Works with clinic operations management and staff to initiate planning and problem-solving in the area of dental care.
- Treats patients with patience and understanding while providing excellent quality of care.
- Attends conferences and training sessions to remain current on new treatments.
- Maintains an active Oregon license.
- Participate in community activities as needed.
- Assist the Dental Manager and the Chief Dentist with ensuring a high quality of care.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Current Oregon dental license. Evidence of current malpractice coverage. Graduate of an accredited dental school.
- Current DEA license. Current
- CPR and First Aid certification.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and RESPONSIBILITES:
- Experience working with underserved and medically indigent patients.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive healthcare measures.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Monitoring/ assessing the performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, PTO, Mercy Flights, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level. Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exceptions will be considered.
If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay $79.00 – $129.00 per hour