POSITION SUMMARY: The Family Nurse Practitioner (“FNP”) is responsible for providing advanced nursing care to SCHC patients who present with acute and chronic health disorders. This responsibility will include the utilization of advanced practice nursing skills and knowledge, in a relatively independent fashion, in the areas of direct patient care, consultation, and education of patients within his/her own scope of practice.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the data in the patient’s record; write progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent findings; obtain history relevant to patient care, and assume responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Collect and document data, conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, order and schedule laboratory studies and professional consultations and provide direct patient care services.
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist physician in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and services for quality patient care; record the normal and abnormal data for review by the physician.
- Seeks consultation with physicians whenever cases are outside the scope of practice.
- Administers treatment and dispenses prescribed medications within scope of practice, and in accordance with Siskiyou CHC, Federal and State guidelines.
- Knows and follows all clinical protocols, including charting and other paperwork, performing tests and procedures. Demonstrates interest and initiative towards safety issues to ensure both patients, personal and staff safety.
- Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic testing.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A nurse practitioner must be licensed or otherwise recognized as a nurse practitioner in a State, possess a master’s degree from a program accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE, and maintain full and current certification as a nurse practitioner from the American Nurses Association or another nationally recognized certifying body.
- Current CPR certification.
- Primary care experience in a clinical setting.
- Proof of current immunizations meeting clinic health and immunization standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to consistently exercise independent discretion and judgment, but willingness to seek assistance and/or advice when needed.
- Must exhibit excellent organizational skills, punctuality and attendance.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, providers and others, by phone and in person, displaying a courteous, professional manner.
- Ability to learn and use a networked practice management system.
- Ability to continually re-prioritize tasks, considering needs of patients and clinic operations.
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, PTO, Mercy Flights, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level. Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exceptions will be considered.
If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.