Siskiyou Community Health Center is seeking a full-time Healthcare Data Analyst/Programmer. This position provides essential data support for key business initiatives, including clinical quality, operations, and finance. The Healthcare Data Analyst is tasked with managing and organizing all data within clinical systems for optimized data retrieval and development of dashboards, reports, and other visualizations for stakeholders.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Data Analytics, Informatics, Statistics, or related field required
May be substituted with a combination of education and relevant work experience
- Minimum two (2) years healthcare reporting and/or financial analysis experience, preferably in a health plan or medical services organization environment required
- Programming experience for extracting data and automating reports in SQL required
- Experience in data collection and management required
- Experience developing database reports and applications required
- Experience with healthcare, Medicaid, and regulatory or health policy experience desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects, organizes, transforms, and presents data from a variety of sources to support business objectives
- Creates standard and ad-hoc reports using SQL, Microsoft Excel, Access, and reporting tools within clinical systems
- Maintains a system for monitoring data for accuracy and to identify patterns
- Works with IT Department to provide support for database maintenance and upgrades
- Maintains reporting schedule and is responsible for generating, reviewing, and formatting routine reports for various departments based on pre-determined criteria
- Determines the most informative approach to summarizing data and communicating analytical results. Develops innovative or customized templates and formats
- Develops processes, writes programs and/or creates databases to produce accurate and timely completion of data requests
- Assists Leadership Team by producing reports to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of clinical or operational programs, improve quality, and reduce unnecessary utilization
- Assists the Chief Quality Officer (CQO) in identifying trends and shifts in population health management, care coordination, and disease management in the continuum of care
- Codes clinical data for national measures based on complex specification documents, such as the Unified Data System (UDS) annual grant report
- Attends Oregon Primary Care Association (OPCA), Oregon Community Health Information Network (OCHIN), and Coordinated Care Organization (CCO) committee meetings related to data functions
- Maintains total patient and organizational confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
This position works in a busy environment with frequent interruptions, multiple demands, and people interactions. Some travel is required. Occasional after-hours or Saturday work.
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID 19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID testing will be required to maintain employment if you are unvaccinated.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is located in the beautiful Rogue Valley, based in Grants Pass, Oregon, with additional facilities in Cave Junction and Medford. We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
For more information, explore our website www.siskiyouhealthcenter.com. If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.
Work Location: One Location Job Type: Full-Time Pay: $24.40 – $37.98 per hour