Siskiyou Community Health Center has a Full-Time Lead opening for an experienced Medical Technologist at our Grants Pass location. The Medical Technologist is responsible for the day to day operation of the clinic lab; including performance of laboratory procedures, quality assurance, and instrument maintenance. Lab Services provided are: Chemistry, Hematology, Covid Testing and Routine Urinalysis.
At this time, Siskiyou Community Health Center is offering a Retention Incentive of up to $1500.00 to employees who meet the 90-day probationary period. The Retention Incentive may be paid out in three (3) monthly installments, with the first incentive payment following the completion of their initial 90 days; additional details and qualifications are available upon request.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Successful completion of a medical technology program that is accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA), or equivalent training, education, and experience.
- ASCP certification or equivalent nationally recognized medical technology certification or categorical certification
- Current BLS Certificate
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine and special laboratory tests within a designated area
- Recognizes test inconsistencies and takes appropriate corrective action. Provides assistance to laboratory co-workers in resolution of similar problems
- Calls critical test results to clinicians or nurses immediately and according to established criteria.
- Maintains the abnormal results log according to protocol
- Prepares test reports legibly, initials and dates own work performed, reviews reports for clerical accuracy and clinical indications.
- Runs quality-control tests according to procedure and maintains appropriate data recording
- All other duties as assigned
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID 19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID testing will be required to maintain employment if you are unvaccinated.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is located in the beautiful Rogue Valley, based in Grants Pass, Oregon, with additional facilities in Cave Junction and Medford. We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
For more information, explore our website www.siskiyouhealthcenter.com. If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Location: One Location Job Type: Full Time Starting Pay: $45.17 per hour