Siskiyou Community Health Center is seeking a full-time Outreach Dental Assistant for our dental clinic Outreach and Dental Prevention programs. This position provides education and preventive dental treatment to children and/or adults throughout Josephine County at various locations and may also provide some conventional services to a broad range of patients on-site at the Grants Pass or Cave Junction dental clinics.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited body is required
- Completion of a Dental Assistant training program or a minimum of two years’ experience as a
Dental Assistant in a dental office or clinic is preferred
- Current Expanded Function Dental Assistant Certification is preferred
- Current Oregon X-ray certification is desirable
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification is required
- Proof of current unrestricted Oregon Driver’s License, comprehensive automobile insurance, and a safe driving record is required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates Dental Prevention visits with local school districts, school staff, and community partners
- Plans and maintains Dental Prevention calendar of events and documents
- Works directly with the Oregon Health Authority on compliance and reporting requirements
- Knows and follows all clinical protocols, including charting and other paperwork
- Demonstrates interest and initiative towards safety issues to ensure patient, personal, and staff safety
- Assists dental practitioners with dental examinations and operative procedures as requested.
- Prepares patient for tests and procedures by instructing the patient and setting up for procedures
- Provides patient with health and dental education materials as directed by dental practitioners
- Performs dental laboratory processes within scope of training and in accordance with clinic protocols
- Takes and develops x-rays when necessary; demonstrates the ability to do a full mouth x-ray in 10 minutes or less, and an emergent assessment and x-ray within 5-10 minutes
- Assist with preparing charts, registering patients as needed, contacting patients by telephone for reminders and pre-visit instructions; assists with preparing and sending patient correspondence
- Duties include but are not limited to the description above
This position works in a busy environment with frequent interruptions, multiple demands, and people interactions. Some travel is required. Occasional after-hours or Saturday work.
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID 19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID testing will be required to maintain employment if you are unvaccinated.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is located in the beautiful Rogue Valley, based in Grants Pass, Oregon, with additional facilities in Cave Junction and Medford. We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
For more information, explore our website www.siskiyouhealthcenter.com. If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Location: Frequent travel and off-site work Job Type: Full-time Pay: Starting at $18.00 per hour