Siskiyou Community Health Center is seeking a full-time Dental Hygienist for our Dental Clinic Outreach program. This position provides education and preventive dental treatment to children and/or adults throughout Josephine County outside the clinic at various locations, and may also provide some conventional hygiene services to a broad range of patients on location at the Grants Pass or Cave Junction dental clinics.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current licensure as a Dental Hygienist in the State of Oregon required
- Limited Access Permit with proof of liability insurance required
- Current CPR and First Aid certification required
- Current Oregon Driver’s License and proof of insurance required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documents dental history or chief complaints. Assess dental condition and patient needs using patient screening procedure. Record and report pertinent observations. Collect data for studies of treatment efficacy.
- Delivers direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygiene procedures; such as debridement, prophy, scaling and root planning, x-rays, application of sealants, temporary filling, and fluorides and related procedures.
- Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for outreach patients under the standing orders of the Chief Dental Officer.
- Works independently with other members of the outreach team, administrators and teachers at the outreach locations, and dentally underserved children.
- Identifies emergency situations and patients needing treatment beyond that available in an outreach situation and ensures that they get treatment in a dental facility.
- Documents dental history, records chief complaints, records and reports pertinent observations and conducts standard patient relations in a standard dental clinical setting.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse reactions during treatment of patients.
- Performs reasonable administrative and other responsibilities assigned by SCHC.
- Prepares and delivers educational material and presentations to patients and families as well as all sectors of the community on topics pertaining to dental health, hygiene and
This position works in a busy environment with frequent interruptions, multiple demands, and people interactions.
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID 19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID testing will be required to maintain employment if you are unvaccinated.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is located in the beautiful Rogue Valley, based in Grants Pass, Oregon, with additional facilities in Cave Junction and Medford. We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
For more information, explore our website www.siskiyouhealthcenter.com. If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.
Work Location: In the field Job Type: Full Time Pay: $72,759.00 – $77,338.00 per year