Siskiyou Community Health Center is seeking a full-time Payroll Specialist. This position is responsible for reviewing employee time and payroll records to ensure correct payments, processing payroll with the Paycom Human Resources Information System (HRIS), entering and maintain accurate data in the HRIS, and ensuring timely and consistent enrollment of eligible employees into benefit programs.
The Payroll Specialist reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer, working closely with officers, directors, managers, accounting staff and employees to ensure that payroll is properly processed and executed on time.
Qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent education from an accredited institution is required
- Two years of college or business school with major in bookkeeping or business
- Professional certification preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in payroll processing required, with knowledge of payroll and accounts payable practices and procedures, and current benefits and administration
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills is required
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality is required
- Strong math skills and proficiency in use of calculators required
- Candidate should be highly organized, efficient, and produce accurate work
- Strong computer skills, especially in MS Excel and MS Word required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and maintains personnel data for accuracy and completeness, and enters it into the HRIS. Handles follow-up as
- Reviews employee time and payroll records to ensure correct payments. Processes payroll using HRIS system, determining overtime or special adjustments as needed. Prepares manual payroll checks as required.
- Assists employees in understanding payroll calculations and deductions, investigates problems and makes appropriate
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment. Coordinates benefit orientations for eligible
- Maintains continuing medical education (CME) accounts and processes requests for
- Prepares and transmits 403(b) and 457 contributions and employer match on
- Calculates tax deductions, benefits and other deductions and accruals for unusual payroll
- Compares and reconciles HRIS output reports with PC audit reports each pay
- Conducts reporting as directed for new hires, unemployment, workers compensation, employment surveys,
- Creates reports from the HRIS system regarding benefits, retirement processes, training, education, licensure and memberships. Develops and implements digital tickler system, follows up on renewals and third party
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals and efficiency of the department and services
- Demonstrated excellent attendance, punctuality and ability to work a flexible schedule when
- Other projects and tasks as assigned and directed by the Human Resources Officer
This position works in a busy environment with frequent interruptions, multiple demands, and people interactions. Some travel is required. Occasional after-hours or Saturday work.
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, however serial COVID testing will be required to maintain employment if you are unvaccinated.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is located in the beautiful Rogue Valley, based in Grants Pass, Oregon, with additional facilities in Cave Junction and Medford. We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
If you would like to be part of a team committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com