Siskiyou Community Health Center’s School-Based Health Centers
Siskiyou Community Health Center’s (SCHC) School-Based Health Center (SBHC), located inside North Valley High School, is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse (RN). The SBHC helps to attend to the unmet health care needs of children when they need it. It supports students by providing a safe place to talk about sensitive issues such as depression, family problems, relationships, family planning, and substance abuse. The SBHC also helps schools by helping children stay in school, identifying and addressing health problems that may interfere with the learning process, and supporting families by allowing parents to stay at work while attending to their child’s routine health care needs.
The School-Based Health Center RN often works independently to assess a variety of pediatric symptoms and situations. Proactive, self-directed, and critical thinking skills and a collaborative team approach are some of the characteristics we are looking for in this candidate.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides nursing care services for students and school staff as needed.
- Knows and follows all clinical protocols, including charting and other paperwork, performing tests and procedures.
- Provides patient care for nursing appointments and visits, such as:
- Provides patient education and teaching
- Administering and forecasting immunizations
- Administering medications
- Assists Providers with technical procedures as requested.
- Collaborates with Provider to address and follow up on critical lab results.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and EXPERIENCE:
- Current, unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse license with a minimum of two (2) years experience, preferably in a community health clinic.
- Current BLS certification.
- ACLS certification required or ability to obtain certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Proof of current unrestricted Oregon Driver’s License, automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
Where we are located
Nestled in the beautiful Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon, Grants Pass is home to Siskiyou Community Health Center, with Medford and Cave Junction facilities. The Cave Junction Clinic is located approximately 29 miles from Grants Pass and 69 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Grants Pass, Medford, Ashland, and Jacksonville comprise the commercial and tourist hub of Southern Oregon and California’s northernmost tip. Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, endless opportunities to enjoy nature, and some of the kindest people you’ll ever meet, southern Oregon is a great place to call home.
Our Mission Statement
To identify and provide care for our community’s primary health needs in a professional and compassionate manner.
What we offer
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, vacation, and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more. We are a drug-free workplace. EOE.
If you would like to be part of a team committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings.
To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.