Siskiyou Community Health Center is committed to the health and well-being of the community and will continue to care for our patients during the COVID-19 outbreak. It is our intention to avoid sending patients to the Emergency Room whenever possible so they can care for the most critical patients. In order to maintain the highest level of safety for our patients, staff, and health care providers, we’ve made some changes in protocol and have implemented the use of telemedicine visits when appropriate. For all patients seen in the office be assured we have a rigorous cleaning process of the entire clinic to prevent the spread of infection.
The following changes are effective immediately:
- For the foreseeable future, we are limiting the number of people accompanying patients to appointments. Only one person will be allowed to accompany a patient to an office visit.
- Appointments for pregnant patients will continue as scheduled in office.
- Most routine annual exams will be rescheduled to a date later in the year. You will be contacted for a new appointment time.
- All visits that your provider determines can be done via telemedicine will be changed to that format. Your appointment time will remain the same and you will be notified by phone of this change.
- If your appointment will be in office, you will be screened for fever, new cough or new shortness of breath prior to being allowed inside. Once you check in, you will be given the option to wait in your car or in our lobby where all chairs have been placed 6’ apart. Only patients with no symptoms will be allowed in-office visits.
- We are working hard to keep communication open with all patients – whenever possible please answer your phone if you see the call is from Siskiyou Community Health Center so we may speak with you directly and not have to leave a message.
- Our pharmacy is open. Prescriptions can be delivered to your car. To request this service, please call ahead at (541) 472-4747 if you are in Grants Pass and (541) 592-2010 if you are in Cave Junction.
- Our dental clinic is performing emergency procedures only. Patients can receive dental evaluations via telemedicine to determine if an emergency procedure is necessary.
- Our hours of operation HAVE NOT CHANGED!
We have moved quickly to implement the use of telemedicine. Patients will receive the same quality medical care they come to expect from the comfort of their home through a live video chat on their tablet, smartphone or computer.
Here are some examples of what a virtual visit may include:
- Follow-up medication visit
- Postpartum visits, as determined by your clinical provider
- Review lab results and imaging studies
- Discussion of birth control/family planning options
- Pre-OB visits
- Diabetes follow-up appointments
- Anxiety and/or depression
- Other health topics that do not require an exam
- Dental evaluations
Siskiyou Community Health Center is working with community medical professionals to support COVID-19 testing for the community of Josephine County. Tests cannot be given without a lab order from a medical professional. At this time, testing is only being held at our Grants Pass location, 1701 NW Hawthorne Avenue.
If you are seeking testing, have symptoms or exposure to COVID-19, stay home and contact your primary care provider or the Siskiyou Community Health Center COVID-19 Hotline at 541-472-4700. If you do not have a primary care provider, a Siskiyou Community Health Center provider can evaluate your symptoms through our virtual visit platform. Click here for information on scheduling a virtual visit.
There is a national shortage of testing supplies and testing is limited to individuals meeting specific criteria. Patients that arrive at the Siskiyou Community Health Center testing site without a referral from a medical provider will not be tested.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.