1. Come in to one of our medical sites Monday-Friday between 8am and 6pm and ask to speak to our Patient Service Coordinator. You will need to have the following information with you:
2. Our Patient Service Coordinator will go over our new patient packet with you and answer any questions you may have.
3. Complete the New Patient Application. If you would like to apply for our Sliding Discount Program, the application will be given to you along with the guidelines for acceptable proof of income. The application and proof will need to be turned in at your first appointment.
4. Complete a Records Release so that we may obtain your medical records for the last five years. These records are a necessary part of providing quality care and they are required prior to setting up an appointment. Requests for past records are faxed upon receipt of the signed Records Release and often take up to 30 days to receive.
5. Once the registration process is complete and past records are received, the Patient Service Coordinator will contact you to schedule an appointment.
1. Contact our Dental Facility at (541) 479-6393
2. Our staff will assist you in scheduling your first appointment.
3. A New Patient Packet will need to be completed prior to your appointment. You may download this from our website or request that it be mailed to you.
4. If you would like to apply for our Sliding Discount Program, the application and proof will need to be turned in at your first appointment. This form is also available on our website or will be included in the material mailed to you.
5. You will need to obtain a copy of all x-rays taken within the last year and any full mouth or panoramic films taken within the last five years. To do this, a Records Release form must be completed and signed by the patient or legal guardian. This may be done at your previous provider’s office or in our office. You will need to provide the contact information for your previous provider including a fax number in order for us to assist you. State law requires that a dental office have copies of the requested information available within two weeks, originals are retained by the original provider.
6. Prior to your appointment be sure to contact our office and verify receipt of your films to avoid delaying your appointment.
** We ask that you please arrive 30 minutes early to your first appointment to allow time to finish registration. Late registration may require the appointment to be rescheduled.**