Siskiyou Community Health Center has openings for experienced Medical Assistants at our Grants Pass location. We are adding additional support positions to our Primary Care, Endocrinology, and Walk-In Clinic Care Teams. These positions require excellent customer service and people skills. These Medical Assistants will work closely with their assigned provider care teams to ensure high-quality care. This position will require creating patient charts, assisting with exams, procedures, preparing and maintaining exam rooms, medication refills, responding to patient calls, scheduling, collecting and reporting lab work. These are full-time positions.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program desired or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience working as a Medical Assistant in a clinic setting preferred.
- Must have current AHA-BLS (Basic Life Support) for the Healthcare Provider or be willing to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Windows and Office Applications.
- Experience with electronic medical records and/or computerized billing systems.
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking desired.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knows and follows all clinical protocols, including charting and other paperwork, administering medications and performing other tests and procedures. Demonstrates interest and initiative towards safety issues to ensure both patient, personal and staff safety. Knowledge of electronic medical record and computer use.
- Maintains examination rooms and ensures rooms are stocked, cleaned, prepped for incoming patients and upcoming procedures, in addition to checking expiration dates on products and medications in examination rooms.
- Scrubs patient charts daily in preparation for Provider’s appointments. Review health maintenance updates (screenings, health histories, etc.), initial patient needs, lab and/or hospital records, and disease management protocols, if needed. Verifies minor patients have received up-to-date vaccines.
- Administers vaccines and other injections.
- Accompanies patients to examination rooms and prepares for examination by Provider by taking vital signs, completing patient interview regarding reason for visit, updating and preparing information in the electronic health system (EHR).
- Addresses refills and labs, per Provider protocol.
- Alerts medical provider or nurse when a patient presents with possible emergency or immediate medical needs.
- Prepare room and patient for upcoming procedures, instruct patient in collection of specimens, preparation for procedures, and providing health education materials as directed by medical provider. Assist Provider, if needed, with procedures.
- Complete PAQ paperwork, as needed.
- Prepare and submit lab orders and documents as directed by Provider.
- Provide family planning support, as needed. Provide educational materials to patients regarding family planning options.
- Provides pre-visit instructions to patients (such as bringing in any current medications, advising patients of any potential tests that may be done, etc). Assists in preparing and sending patient correspondence, such as no-show letters, laboratory letters and followup visit reminders. Performs other duties as requested to ensure efficient clinic operations.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and medical inventory (i.e. ensuring supplies are up-todate, etc.)
- Completes individual tasks and attends to inbox on a daily basis.
- Maintains clinical equipment and notifies the appropriate contact of any necessary repairs.
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, PTO, Mercy Flights, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level. Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exceptions will be considered.
If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay: $16.50 – $20.00 per hour