Interested in joining a leading community health center in Josephine County? For over 40-years, Siskiyou Community Health Center (SCHC) has been dedicated to delivering high quality, comprehensive health care to the citizens of Josephine County.
Consider joining our Siskiyou Community Health Center team because we believe:
- …in treating our patients, clients and each other with dignity and respect, regardless of race, age, gender, ability, values, lifestyle, or economic status.
- … in compassion, honesty, and integrity guiding us in all of our actions.
- … that teamwork and cooperation are vital to the success of our working and community relationships.
- … in our commitment to provide the highest quality health care and customer service and that our success is measured only by how well we serve.
Qualified Medical Assistant candidates have a
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant’s training program or a minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a medical assistant in a medical office or clinic.
- Proof of current unrestricted Oregon Driver’s License, automobile insurance and a safe driving record.
- Current BLS and First Aid Certification.
- Proof of current immunizations meeting organization health and immunization standards.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology, drug dosage information and medical abbreviations. Familiarity with computerized medical management programs preferred.
- Can demonstrate general knowledge of Medicare, Oregon Health Plan, health insurance and managed care.
- Can demonstrate general knowledge of office processes and procedures, including computer word processing, data entry, and use of telephone equipment.
- Can demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills. Able to explain procedures and provide instructions to a variety of patients.
- Can demonstrate effective customer relations skills, working with diverse populations, often in stressed environments.
- Can demonstrate strong organizational skills and effective use of time, working at a rapid pace and managing multiple tasks at the same time.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is looking for an experienced Medical Assistant to join the SCHC team. Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Knows and follows all clinical protocols, including charting and other paperwork, administering medications and performing other tests and procedures. Demonstrates interest and initiative towards safety issues to ensure both patient, personal and staff safety. Knowledge of electronic medical record and computer use.
- Maintains examination rooms and ensures rooms are stocked, cleaned, prepped for incoming patients and upcoming procedures, in addition to checking expiration dates on products and medications in examination rooms.
- Scrubs patient charts daily in preparation for Provider’s appointments. Review health maintenance updates (screenings, health histories, etc.), initial patient needs, lab and/or hospital records, and disease management protocols, if needed. Verifies minor patients have received up-to-date vaccines.
- Administers vaccines and other injections.
- Accompanies patients to examination rooms and prepares for examination by Provider by taking vital signs, completing patient interview regarding reason for visit, updating and preparing information in the electronic health system (EHR).
- Addresses refills and labs, per Provider protocol.
- Alerts medical provider or nurse when a patient presents with possible emergency or immediate medical needs.
- Prepare room and patient for upcoming procedures, instruct patient in collection of specimens, preparation for procedures, and providing health education materials as directed by medical provider. Assist Provider, if needed, with procedures.
- Complete PAQ paperwork, as needed.
- Prepare and submit lab orders and documents as directed by Provider.
- Provide family planning support, as needed. Provide educational materials to patients regarding family planning options.
- Provides pre-visit instructions to patients (such as bringing in any current medications, advising patients of any potential tests that may be done, etc.). Assists in preparing and sending patient correspondence, such as no-show letters, laboratory letters and follow-up visit reminders. Performs other duties as requested to ensure efficient clinic operations.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and medical inventory (i.e. ensuring supplies are up-to-date, etc.)
- Completes individual tasks and attends to inbox on a daily basis.
- Maintains clinical equipment and notifies the appropriate contact of any necessary repairs.
SCHC offers all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader. This includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more. If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet you to discuss our current openings.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.