Siskiyou Community Health Center is seeking a full time Radiology Technologist (RT) in Grants Pass. The Radiology Technologist is responsible for performing General X-Ray procedures according to Provider’s orders from Primary Care and Walk-In Clinic. The Radiology Technologist utilizes knowledge and judgment regarding exposure factors, imaging technique, and patient treatment. This job posting excludes LMRT’s.
Qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Graduate from certified Radiologic Technology School or Program.
- Minimum one(1) year related work experience required
- Current applicable state licensure (OBMI) in Radiologic Technologist Diagnostic and national registration in Radiography (ARRT-R) required
- BLS/CPR Certification or the ability to obtain required
- Bilingual English/Spanish proficiency is preferred
- General knowledge of office processes and procedures; including computer word processing, data entry, and use of telephone equipment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain procedures and provide instructions to a variety of patients
- Strong organizational skills and effective use of time, working at a rapid pace, and managing multiple tasks at the same time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patient for radiological procedures in accordance with provider’s notes or instructions
- Explains procedure to patient and assists with positioning of body parts to be radiographed
- Completes patient medical history if not previously completed
- Adjusts controls on the x-ray machine to produce radiographs of the appropriate density, detail, and contrast of the body part
- Produces digital x-rays of parts of the human body for use in diagnosing medical issues
- Maintains patient records and logs radiologic procedures as completed
- Adjusts and maintains equipment as needed to ensure it is in working order, reports malfunctions to management
- Additional duties as directed
This position works in a busy environment with frequent interruptions, multiple demands, and people interactions.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is located in the beautiful Rogue Valley, based in Grants Pass, Oregon, with additional facilities in Cave Junction and Medford. We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
For more information, explore our website www.siskiyouhealthcenter.com. If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Medical Imaging: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person